- In a Multiplex there were about 23 Amplifiers linked to a switch and wanted to read data on BMS (Building Management System).
- Each of the Amplifier had 7 channels and each channel was connected to a speaker.
- Maintenance team initially controlled each amplifier manually.
- Amplifier was able to communicate on Telnet Protocol.
- Existing BMS supported SNMP Protocol.
- Customer wanted to Monitor and Control the status (On / Off) of all the Amplifiers.
- ProtoConvert suggested a gateway which could communicate between Telnet and SNMP (v2c).
- All the Amplifiers, ProtoConvert Gateway and BMS were connected in a network with multiple switches.
- Amplifier was configured as Telnet Server while BMS was configured as SNMP Client.
- ProtoConvert configured a Gateway such that it could get the data on Telnet and Serve on SNMP.
- As both the protocols are Ethernet based, ProtoConvert configured the gateway in a way that it could communicate both the protocols on a single Ethernet port.
- As a result ProtoConvert displayed Amplifier’s status successfully on MIB Browser.