Caterpillar M5X to BACnet / Modbus / SNMP is highly powerful, superior, completely configurable and productive Building & Industrial Automation gateway for integrators to effortlessly interface devices to networks in commercial buildings and industrial plants.
The Gateway model FPC-N54B supports Caterpillar M5X, BACnet, Modbus and SNMP protocols. It is a Bi-directional Converter that can be configured as a Client on Caterpillar M5X side and a Server/Client on BACnet / Modbus / SNMP protocol interface.
When configured as a Caterpillar M5X client, the gateway can read data from your Caterpillar M5X and publish it as BACnet / Modbus / SNMP data. Also, it can write commands sent from the BACnet / Modbus / SNMP side to the Caterpillar M5X.
When configured as a BACnet / Modbus / SNMP client, the gateway can read data from your BACnet / Modbus /SNMP devices and publish it as Caterpillar M5X type data. Also, it can write commands sent from the Caterpillar M5X side to the BACnet / Modbus / SNMP devices.
The gateway can be configured to behave as a server on BACnet / Modbus /SNMP interfaces. This mode is useful when data exchange is required between a Caterpillar client and a BACnet / Modbus / SNMP client (for eg. a Building Management System).
The gateway can be configured to behave as a client on both Caterpillar and BACnet / Modbus / SNMP interfaces.
These gateways have benefitted system integrators globally with its powerful line of gateways. Additionally, this gateway runs the same protocol conversion software on a productive and cost-effective platform backed by the experience, engineering expertise and technically proven support that integrators have come to expect from Caterpillar M5X to BACnet / Modbus / SNMP Converter.
- Power Requirements for this gateway is 9-30 VDC or 24 VAC. Current Draw @ 12VDC about 250 mA.
- This gateway allows to read and write the data up to 1,000 – 10,000 data points.
- Physical Dimension of this gateway is 4×1.1×2.7 Inches (H x W x D) and it weighs up to 0.2 Kg.
- This gateway supports 1 x RS-485 Port, 1 x RS-232 Port and 1 x Ethernet Port.
- On a site there were Caterpillar Engines that provides data output on Caterpillar M5X Protocol.
- The site has a building management system on BACnet /Modbus / SNMP that needs the Fire Panel data from the Caterpillar Engines.
- Since the Caterpillar Engines provide data output on Caterpillar M5X Protocol and the building management system understands BACnet / Modbus / SNMP Protocols, a direct data exchange is not possible.
The devices cannot directly communicate with each other as they are not on the same protocol. You need something that will convert data from BACnet / Modbus / SNMP to Caterpillar M5X and vice versa.
ProtoConvert’s Caterpillar M5X to BACnet / Modbus / SNMP Converter will be an excellent solution for this requirement. The gateway reads data from the Caterpillar Engines. It caches this data internally and then provides it on BACnet / Modbus / SNMP when requested from the Building Management System.