Silent Knight to BACnet / Modbus / SNMP is highly powerful, superior, completely configurable and productive Building & Industrial Automation gateway for integrators to effortlessly interface devices to networks in commercial buildings and industrial plants.
The Gateway model FPC-N54B supports Silent Knight, BACnet, Modbus and SNMP protocols. It is a Bi-directional Converter that can be configured as a Client/server on Silent Knight side and a Server/Client on BACnet / Modbus / SNMP protocol interface.
When configured as a Silent Knight client, the gateway can read data from your Silent Knight fire panel and publish it as BACnet / Modbus / SNMP data. Also, it can write commands sent from the BACnet / Modbus / SNMP side to the Silent Knight fire panel like Reset Alarm, Disable Point.
When configured as a BACnet / Modbus / SNMP client, the gateway can read data from your BACnet / Modbus /SNMP devices and publish it as Silent Knight type data. Also, it can write commands sent from the Silent Knight side to the BACnet / Modbus / SNMP devices.
The gateway can be configured to behave as a server on BACnet / Modbus /SNMP interfaces. This mode is useful when data exchange is required between a Silent Knight client (for eg. IFP-1000, SK 5700/5808/5820) and a BACnet / Modbus / SNMP client
(for eg. a Building Management System).
The gateway can be configured to behave as a client on both Silent Knight and BACnet / Modbus / SNMP interfaces.
These gateways have benefitted system integrators worldwide with its powerful line of gateways. Additionally, this gateway runs the same protocol conversion software on a productive and cost-effective platform backed by the experience, engineering expertise and technically proven support that integrators have come to expect from Silent Knight to BACnet / Modbus / SNMP Converter.
- Power Requirements for this gateway is 9-30 VDC or 24 VAC. Current Draw @ 12VDC about 250 mA.
- This gateway allows to read and write the data up to 1,000 – 10,000 data points.
- Physical Dimension of this gateway is 4×1.1×2.7 Inches (H x W x D) and it weighs up to 0.2 Kg.
- This gateway supports 1 x RS-485 Port, 1 x RS-232 Port and 1 x Ethernet Port.
- On a site there was a HoneyWell Silent Knight Fire Panel that provides data output on Silent Knight Protocol.
- The site has a building management system on BACnet /Modbus / SNMP that needs the Fire Panel data like Point Status, Time Status, Reset Alarms, Silence etc. from the HoneyWell Silent Knight Fire Panel.
- Since the HoneyWell Silent Knight Fire Panel provide data output on Silent Knight Protocol and the building management system understands BACnet / Modbus / SNMP Protocols, a direct data exchange is not possible.
The devices cannot directly communicate with each other as they are not on the same protocol. You need something that will convert data from BACnet / Modbus / SNMP to Silent Knight and vice versa.
ProtoConvert’s Silent Knight to BACnet / Modbus / SNMP Converter will be a excellent solution for this requirement. The gateway reads data from the HoneyWell Silent Knight Fire Panel on Silent Knight. It caches this data internally and then provides it on BACnet / Modbus / SNMP when requested from the Building Management System.